tisdag 13 april 2010

Lejonhjärta

The looking glass so shiny and new
How quickly the glamor fades
I start spinning slipping out of time
Was that the wrong pill to take (Raise it up)
You made a deal and now it seems you have to offer up
But will it ever be enough
(Raise it up raise it up)
It´s not enough
(Raise it up raise it up)

Here I am a rabbit hearted girl
Frozen in the headlights
It seems I´ve made the final sacrifice

We raise it up this offering
We raise it up

This is a gift it comes with a price
Who is the lamb and who is the knife
Midas is king and he holds me so tight
And turns me to gold in the sunlight

I look around but I can´t find you
(raise it up)
If only I could see your face
(raise it up)
Instead of rushing towards the skyline
(raise it up)
I wish that I could just be brave

I must become a lion hearted girl
Ready for a fight
Before I make the final sacrifice...

And in the spring I shed my skin
And it blows away with the changing wind
The waters turn from blue to red
As towards the sky I offer it...

This is a gift
- Florence + The Machine, Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up)